In this article, I’ll show you how to download invoice in WooCommerce. It is easy and it won’t take long. We will use a free plugin for WooCommerce invoicing in this guide. Let’s begin!
How to download invoice in WooCommerce?
Downloading an invoice itself is simple. You just simply need to click the Download invoice button:
After that, the downloading starts.
However, you can only download invoice in WooCommerce once you issue it.
So, you’ll need an invoice issuing plugin and a step-by-step guide on the topic. I’ve got both of them for you. Let’s proceed, then! :)
How to issue an invoice?
You need a plugin first
In general, you need to have an invoicing plugin for WooCommerce. There’s one on the market that people use and recommend.
There’s over 1,000 stores that use this plugin on a daily basis. And what they say about this piece of software? Look at the exemplary review:
No wonder people like this plugin. It has a bunch of features such as:
- Issue and save invoices as PDF
- Add, edit and delete invoices (invoices are stored as custom post types)
- Manage currencies, tax rates and payment methods
- PDF template ready for VAT taxpayers and VAT-exempt entities
- Generate and bulk download invoices by a date range
- Custom numbering by using shortcodes and adding your own prefixes and suffixes
- Set the initial number for invoices if you begin using the plugin throughout the year
- Reports with a summary of all documents issued in a given time range
So, do I still need to encourage you to this plugin? :)
Issuing an invoice
Once you install and activate the plugin, you can issue an invoice.
Go to Invoices → Add New
Then, select a customer from the list or provide customer details:
Next, provide products and payments details:
And guess what, this plugin calculates amounts automatically:
The last step is to issue the invoice by clicking Publish. Now, you can send it by e-mail to your customer.
How to issue an invoice automatically?
There is a way to issue and send invoices automatically by your store. You simply need to upgrade Flexible Invoices to the PRO version. It works like magic!
Once you upgrade the plugin, you’ll get a bunch of new features under the WooCommerce tab in Settings:
Look at the Automatic sending option. You need to configure it – set the status of an order.
In this article you’ve learned how to send invoice in WooCommerce. How do you like it? Let me know in the comments section below.