Filling out the checkout form is the last step between the customer and the seal of the purchase. With Flexible Checkout Fileds it is possible to customize the form fields and make it easier for the customer to complete this most important stage of the entire process. FCF PRO from version 2.3.0 gives store administrators another tool in the form of WooCommerce checkout fields with prices. It means that the purchase cost will change as the customer completes the next price fields in the checkout.
The fields added in Flexible Checkout Fields settings now have a new "Pricing" tab where price assignment options are available.
The change of the final purchase amount depends on the selected type of price and its rate:
- Fixed - net price set in currency units and independent of the basket
- Percentage of Subtotal (ex. VAT) - the amount set as a percentage and dependent on the net sum of the basket
- Percentage of Subtotal (incl. VAT) - the amount set as a percentage and dependent on the gross sum of the basket
- Percentage of Total - amount set as a percentage and dependent on the total amount (basket + coupons + shipping costs)
The price assignment option is available for each FCF field but not for "Headline" and "HTML" fields.
Price fields in the checkout - step by step
- Add a new field.
- Add options and other settings - if required (e.g. for the "Radio" field). Save the settings.
IMPORTANT - Do not set the same labels for the options.
Check the "Rounding" option in the WooCommerce > Settings > Tax tab. It is required if more than one price field is included.
- Select the "Pricing" tab and activate the "Enable price" checkbox. Save the settings if the checkbox is not visible.
- If the field type does not have options (e.g. "Single line") - a single row with settings will appear.
- If the field type has options (e.g. "Drop-down list") - there will be independent rows with settings next to each option.
- Set the price type by selecting it from the "Price type" list:
- Fixed - set the price without tax
- Percentage of Subtotal (ex. VAT) - set a percentage
- Percentage of Subtotal (incl. VAT) - set a percentage
- Percentage of Total - set a percentage
- Set the tax class by selecting it from the "Tax class" list. Save the settings.
IMPORTANT - The "Tax class" option will appear when:
- the price assigned to the field is positive
- and when the "Enable tax rates and calculations" option is activated in WooCommerce.
Displaying WooCommerce checkout fields with prices
The assigned price will appear in the store as a gross total price or as a percentage of the subtotal/total.
- Checkout. The price will appear in brackets next to the field/option label. Each selected field with the price will also be shown in the "Your order" section.
- Order Summary. The price will appear as the amount included in the order
- WooCommerce > Orders. The fields here are editable so it is possible to change both the label and the price or even add tax.
All fields in the "Billing" and "Shipping" sections are cached so the fields placed there are saved and then autocompleted during the next purchases. The other sections are no longer cached. Please read the documentation for more information.
Additional fields on the Checkout page are a simple but very effective tool for the best possible adaptation of WooComerce to a specific store and its offer. The Flexible Checkout Fields plugin gains a new dimension of use with the option to assign a price to a field.
Thanks to this option it is possible to add:
- Gift wrapping service or other additional packaging (e.g. thermal bag)
- Purchase insurance or extended warranty
- Other additional services!