API Key activation
Important - If the plugin has a free version, it should be also installed.
Subscriptions allow activating plugins after installation and enable automatic updates directly from the WordPress Dashboard. After the purchase, we generate API keys for each order that must be entered after installing the plugin. Read about the activation process below.
- Log in and go to My Account.
- Download the plugin you want to install and copy API keys:
- Install the plugin using your WordPress panel. Then, enable the plugin.
- You will be asked to activate the API key of the plugin you've just installed.
- After the installation a new WP Desk link will appear in the WordPress sidebar menu. Go to WP Desk → Subscriptions and fill the fields visible there with the proper data:
- After you have entered the e-mail address and the API key confirm the whole process hitting the Activate button. When it's done the plugin will be fully activated and its upgrades directly from the WordPress panel will be enabled.
API key transferring
All API keys can be transferred between WooCommerce installations. This function can come in handy if you want to test the plugin on a sandbox server.
To transfer subscription, you must login into my account section and deactivate the API key on the old site. Then, you just have to type in the API key data on the new site. Once you've done that, the plugin is fully activated and you're ready to go. You can also deactivate the API key using WP Desk Helper.
You can find the exact instructions for activating API key on Multisite here.
WP Desk Helper
WP Desk Helper is a plugin previously used to manage our plugins' subscriptions. All the plugins' versions released after the 15th of November, 2019 have the subscription management feature already in-built and don't require installing the WP Desk helper anymore.Download WP Desk Helper
Problems with the WP Desk Helper plugin installation
Sometimes, with too low version of PHP (we recommend v5.6 or higher), specific server configuration and/or installed plugins, some problems may arise when installing the WP Desk Helper. For instance, you may see the following message:
Problems with the WP Desk Helper plugin activation
Our server requires OpenSSL 1.0+ to connect. If your server (the one WooCommerce is installed on) has cURL module outdated, WP Desk Helper won't be able to maintain connection needed to activate your plugins. In such situation, the notification will pop up
You can go to WooCommerce -> System status in your WordPress panel to check it out. You can find there a line with cURL version such as cURL Version: 7.21.0, OpenSSL/0.9.8o or cURL Version: 7.19.7, NSS/3.21 Basic ECC. Please contact your hosting provider and ask them to update cURL on your server.
In spite of the current version of cURL, you can not activate the subscriptions, it is probably due to a blocking used by the hosting, such as using a firewall. Please contact your hosting provider to remove the connection block with the domain www.wpdesk.net.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions you may find here.