You must enable the coupons in WooCommerce settings:
Plugin has a built-in template editor which needs minimal browser version:
- Microsoft Edge - 83.0.478.45
- Chrome Wersja - 83.0.4103.97
- Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18860
- Opera 68.0.3618.156
- Firefox 77.0
- Safari 13.1.1
New coupon template
First step after activating a plugin is creating a new coupon template which will be used during the process of generating coupons. You will use convenient editor which is built-in in the plugin.
After installing the plugin, you will see in your WordPress dashboard menu a new PDF Coupons tab. Click on it and then choose the Add new option.
Select format - select the print size of the PDF coupon. Options:
Page orientation - Choose whether the coupon printout should be horizontal or vertical.
Background color - select a coupon background color.
In this tab, you can choose which images you want to use when creating a coupon. The plugin uses the WordPress media library. To add images to your template, click Select images, then select images from the media library, and click Select. Finally, click on the image itself to add it to your workspace.
You can move images around the working area using the drag&drop method. The size of an image can be changed with one constraint - image magnification is possible up to the original resolution of the image.
Here you will find three defined text headers that you can add to your workspace where you may edit them further.
In the current version of the plugin, you can edit:
- Font size,
- Font color,
- Text alignment (left, right, center, and justify).
The plugin supports a series of shortcodes, which allow you to place the value of the fields - when placing an order - directly to the coupon in PDF format.
Below you will find a list of all shortcodes:
- [coupon_value] - this is the value of the coupon which is also the price of the product - coupon,
- [coupon_code] - coupon code is a value generated automatically when creating an order with a product - coupon,
- PRO [coupon_expiry_date] - coupon expiry date,
- PRO [customer_address] - the payment address of the customer filled up when placing an order,
- PRO [customer_name] - buyer's name, filled-in at the checkout,
- PRO [product_name] - product-coupon name,
- PRO [recipient_message] - a message from a buyer to a coupon recipient. More about this option you will find in the section about adding a new product,
- PRO [recipient_email] - email address of the coupon recipient,
- PRO [recipient_name] - the name of the coupon recipient,
- PRO [siteurl] - address of your website.
Coupon templates list
Go to PDF Coupons → Templates. You will find here coupon templates - created by us to make your work easier and those that will add in the future.
Go to PDF Coupons → Settings. Here you will set an order status that must be reached to generate and send an email with a PDF coupon to a customer or a coupon recipient. You can also choose to generate the coupons manually by setting option Do not generate.
Product edit screen
In the product edition screen, check the PDF Coupons checkbox. Then you will see the plugin supported fields. Available fields are:
- Coupon template - select a template created in the PDF Coupons tab.
- PRO Recipient name - the field where a client will be able to enter the name of a person she/he wants to send a coupon to.
- PRO Recipient email - the field where a client will be able to enter an email of a person she/he wants to send the coupon to.
- PRO Recipient message - the field where a client will be able to write a message to a person she/he wants to send a coupon to.
- PRO Expiry date - with this field you will specify the validity period of the coupon.
Fields will be visible on the product page if you enable them:
Order edit screen
After placing an order with a coupon, a metabox of the Flexible Coupons PDF will be added to the order edition page. You can use such a metabox to:
- Generate a coupon,
- Download a coupon,
- View a coupon,
- Go to the coupon edit page.
The plugin uses a built-in WooCommerce mechanism to create and manage coupons. After creating a coupon you can edit it by going to WooCommerce → Coupons and adjust its parameters.
Sending the coupon to the recipient
PRO When the coupon is generated (automatically of manually), it will be sent to the coupon's recipient in the email. Link for downloading PDF file will be included to email content.
We plan to implement the following functionalities:
- User coupon limits,
- Editable e-mail content,
- Coupon code templates,
- Ability to set a precise coupon expiry date.