A few weeks ago the Flexible Product Fields plugin was widely tested and officially recognized as WPML compatible. Thus it is possible to easily translate each field added with Flexible Product Fields. But the multilingual nature of the store often requires adding a second currency or showing separate currencies for each language version. That is why our Flexible Product Fields plugin (starting from version 1.3.5) also offers WooCommerce currency switcher support.
Translate Flexible Product Add-Ons fields with WPML plugin
From now on the prices assigned to the product options change as the currency switches. The same prices also show in the cart as a summary of the configured product. The price change is also visible in the order summary and in the admin dashboard.
Our currency switcher support includes all fields added with FPF. It is possible to add e.g. checkboxes or drop-down lists where each option will have a convertible price.
It does not matter what price conversion plugin is installed. However - showing the converted price next to the FPF field needs separate support. For this reason version 1.3.5 also includes currency switcher integrations for popular plugins:
Currency switcher integrations
The last update does not require any action from the user. The Flexible Product Fields will work on the fields and prices set so far. But there is a need to install and configure one of the supported plugins.
Multi Currency for WooCommerce
- Select "Multi Currency" in the WP menu.
- Enable the plugin with the "Enable" switcher.
- Add another currency by clicking the "Add Currency" button below the table.
- Select a new currency from the drop-down list in the "Currency" column.
- Update the exchange rate by clicking the cloud icon in the last column and save.
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
- Select WooCommerce > Settings > Currency Switcher > Currencies.
- Set the number of added currencies in the "Total additional currencies" field and save this setting.
- Enable specific currencies by selecting them from the list of available options and save.
- Select the "Exchange Rates" tab and set automatic conversion (e.g. "Update Automatically Every Minute") in the "Exchange rates updates" field.
- Update the conversion rates by clicking the "Update all exchange rates now" button.
WooCommerce Currency Switcher (from version 1.4.0)
- Select WooCommerce > Settings > Currency.
- Set an extra currency by editing the data in the columns "Currency" and "Symbol" in the table with currencies.
- Update the conversion by clicking the arrow icon. The conversion rate will appear only if the currency in the "Currency" column is correctly entered. Save.
- Select the "Options" tab.
- Set the automatic price conversion (e.g. "Special: each minute") in the "Rate auto update" field and save.
- Select the "Side Switcher" tab.
- Turn on the price switching with the "Enable/Disable" slider and save.
Currency switcher support with Flexible Product Fields is a great convenience for the store owner. And even more convenience when it comes to the user! It is possible to set the product and change prices so the store better responds to the needs.
We will provide support for further plugins of this type when required.
It is possible to test our plugin in action - our demo is waiting.